Tax and Finance Operate, Manager
Tax and Finance Operate (TFO), Manager
As one of our Global Compliance and Reporting professionals, you'll help clients meet the increasing and ever more complex demand for tax compliance, reporting and advisory services within organisations.
EY’s Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) practice assists companies with operating and sourcing models that span the continuum from discrete services to full outsourcing. Our TFO platform of processes, leading-edge technology and people helps our clients achieve the right operating model for their organization. The TFO practice enables clients to reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement around their tax and finance functions. We believe that by operating our clients’ tax function we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Working as part of a diverse global team, you'll gain the technical knowledge you need to deliver exceptional client service and to fuel the continued exponential growth of our exciting TFO practice. We use a standard global TFO methodology providing clients with an integrated, end-to-end service that unlocks the full potential of the tax function across the entire life cycle.
We are seeking high-performing managers and leaders with experience in several areas such as program management, commercials management, tax function transformation, technology deployment and data operations. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including the firm’s most senior executives), you’ll be developed into a trusted business advisor – and play a critical role in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
- You’ll combine our standard global compliance processes and tools with your local compliance and accounting experience to provide clients visibility and control of their domestic and/or global compliance and reporting requirements.
- Make sure that the work delivered to the client is of high quality.
- Anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Mobilize global delivery capability and standardized process implementation
- Able to leverage on technology to further enhance our current tax/finance processes.
- Set up and populate technology/workflow with the information from each service line to provide consolidated view
- Monitor progress, manage risk, maximize operational efficiencies and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Familiar with SAP and finance systems as well as liaising with various finance units (P2P,OTC,RTR)
- Help to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counselling junior team members to help them develop professionally and personally as an influential member of the team
- Participate in engagements, assist in managing engagement economics by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives and build strong internal relationships within the business tax compliance team and across other services.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in tax compliance or a related field
- Background in professional services as well as shared services
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A professional qualification in Tax
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.