Senior Corporate Finance Specialist with German Language, Senior Associate
Your new team
Global Billing Operations as a part of State Street's Finance Division is responsible for end to end client invoicing and reconciliation activities on investment funds. The team provide services for 7 EMEA countries: France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland and the UK.
Who we are looking for
Fluent German speaker with proven Accounting processes experience who will provide services for German speaking market as well as collaborate with the external clients.YOUR NEW ROLE
Senior Corporate Finance Specialist, Senior Associate will cooperate with both internal and external stakeholders and clients with full accountability for assigned tasks assigned and responsibilities. She/He will be responsible primarily for German speaking markets invoicing services as well as for supporting Team Manager in non-people management activities (workload management, junior staff coaching or training new hires).
As a Senior Corporate Finance Specialist you will:
- Provide extensive expertise in billing area
- Support the internal and external billing of services to the business
- Reconcile billed accounts against P&L accounts
- Manage internal departments' and external clients' queries related to billing, reporting and invoices
- Provide information to internal departments and external clients as needed to facilitate payment process for invoices
- Review of calculated invoices against contracts agreed with clients
- Ensure billing-related internal controls are followed
- Cooperate and support Team Manager in supervision over daily process completeness
- Support Team Manager in organizing team workload and training for less-experienced team members
- Perform second eye review after less experienced team colleagues
- Act as first contact and escalation point for internal and external business partners
- Present highest level of risk excellence and be an example of ethical behaviour for the team
- Support management and lead projects related to Billing area
- Act as team/department representative on various committees and working groups
The skills, qualifications and experience needed to perform the function
- At least 4 years of experience in Accounting (AP/AR/GL)
- Fluent command of German language (B2/C1 level)
- Advanced English language skills
- Investment banking / fund accounting / cash or credit collection / billing experience is an asset
- Understanding of various range of products in the investment banking domain is an asset
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
- Ability to work in a team and cooperate with business partners from different locations
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Remote work option
- International operating environment;
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.