Macro External Reporting Controller
Two years ago JP Morgan established their Product Control presence in Warsaw with a vision to create a center of excellence that would be fully responsible for all aspects of the process and be the primary face off to all stakeholders including Front Office Traders and Market Risk. This provides their Warsaw controllers with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the entire function and a full oversight of the workings of one of the World’s leading investment banks. Warsaw serves as a strategically important post Brexit location and we expertly train and develop the talent we employ to ensure they are fully integrated and comparable with controllers based in other global locations including London, New York, Singapore and Buenos Aires.
We need innovative, proactive and independent people to join our team who can help us achieve our vision. This team isn’t following just simple, daily procedures. We want employees to go beyond this with a real drive and determination to understand complex issues, drive impactful change and generate efficiencies. In exchange, we offer dynamic work environment in the biggest Investment Bank in EMEA, development paths off the chain with exceptional benefits program and a competitive compensation package.
External reporting, Balance sheet/RWA role is an extension of the product controller role. The Controller is responsible from the timely and accurate regulatory submissions of the Line of Business. He/she is also responsible for monitoring balance sheet, Capital, RWA and advises to the business on deal specific accounting and/or RWA usage. The candidate will be reporting to the External Reporting Head of CEM and Rates with exposure to multiple areas of the Macro Trading businesses. The role's responsibilities and functions include the following:
Description of Duty
- Oversee and be accountable for the quality of the Regulatory Reporting disclosures of the Business
- Interact with product controllers teams in all Emerging Markets locations, coordinate effort and consolidate information required for Regulatory disclosures
- Working with the business to ensure that they fully understand developments in Regulatory framework and priorities, i.e. changes to the Capital framework, the impact of Risk Weighted Assets, revenue recognition on structured deals, GSIB impacts, leverage ratios etc
- Provide guidance on accounting for products, liaising with Accounting Policy group where appropriate and ensuring compliance with Corporate Regulatory requirements
- Provides analytic support for optimizing balance sheet and capital usage across CEM
- Monitoring of the LOBs Balance Sheet from a net funding, Basel 3 liquidity ratios, GSIB, leverage ratios perspective
- Enhance RWA reporting to provide greater transparency to the business
- Responsible for collecting external disclosures from regional product controllers; consolidating data, performing consistency checks, roll forwards, and completing data quality checklists and analytical review
- Good understanding of accounting, financial statements, product and risk
- Capacity to summarize complex information and deliver it at business executive level
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and comfortable with business contact
- Positive can-do attitude looking to add value across the breadth of the business
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Previous Experience in an Investment Banking environment is preferable
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.