Northern Trust Asset Management – Business Overview
Northern Trust is one of the world’s largest asset management firms with assets under management across a range of investment strategies. Thoughtful investors worldwide are making Northern Trust their asset manager of choice because they develop the answers clients need for today’s challenging world. They have a level of client dedication and collaboration clients can’t find anywhere else, and are anchored by renowned integrity and stability. Their investment process combines exhaustive research and vigilant risk management to provide a solid foundation for investing, and they also have an integrated technology platform and processing infrastructure that work around the clock and around the globe.
This role will report into the Head of Sub-Advisory Due Diligence and will work closely with the Mutual Fund CCO to develop, administer, and update mutual fund compliance policies and procedures for the oversight of external sub-advisors to the registered funds.
- Assist in the development and administration of the multi-manager mutual fund compliance programs; help define and develop risk parameters, implement the program and review the final reports.
- Assist in the oversight of external sub-advisors’ Rule 38a-1 annual reviews - perform testing and oversight of policies and procedures. Prepare written documentation of results for submission to the fund CCO/Head of Sub-Advisory Due Diligence.
- Organize, analyze, review, and prepare deliverables for quarterly board reporting, including review sub-adviser compliance reporting for inclusion in quarterly reporting.
- Liaise with management and different departments regarding special projects and regulatory initiatives; provide guidance and analysis of rules and/or firm policies, as appropriate.
- Partner with business, operations, and legal partners to administer mutual fund compliance responsibilities and to advise on regulatory risks and requirements.
- Coordinate or assist in regulatory examinations and/or audits and prepare information and responses to various requests.
- Manage ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of investment related experience with registered funds
- Strong familiarity with the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Strong analytical and communication skills
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.