Junior ISG Portfolio Analyst - A2
Who we are looking for:
Portfolio Administration provides operational investment support to the SSGA Portfolio Managers. As the key point of contact for the Portfolio Management team, and other internal clients, you will be allocated portfolios which you would be responsible for in an operational capacity. We are currently recruiting for roles supporting the investment solutions portfolios which predominantly invest in Fund of Funds
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior ISG Portfolio Analyst you will:
- Cash forecasting and monitoring of exposure.
- Verification of fund valuations.
- Performance calculation and query resolution.
- Investigating and resolving queries from internal and external clients.
- Support the monthly rebalancing process
- Regulatory Reporting
Key external interactions will be with Custodians, Fund Administrators, Counterparts and other Third Party providers. Internally, you will interact with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Compliance, Legal and Risk, as well as other operations teams such as Client Administration, New Business and the Reconciliations team.
Portfolio Analysts are expected to consider how current processes and procedures within the team can be enhanced, looking to strengthen controls and minimise risk. You will need to build up a strong knowledge of the accounts and products that we support, and be able to confidently answer any queries on them.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Analytically minded with strong problem solving skills
- Understanding investment markets and settlement.
- Understanding NAV and unit price calculations
- Performance measurement experience is an advantage.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet business deliverables.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Exposure to Bloomberg an advantage.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 1- 2 years of Operations experience gained from an investment manager, custodian or fund administrator
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- IOC or other professional qualifications preferred.
- Product Experience Desirable: Equities, Fixed Income, FX spot and forwards, Exchange Traded Futures and Options. Fund of Funds experience a distinct advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.