Junior Accountant #177678
Your field of responsibility
The Compensation Accounting function in Singapore is organized within Group Finance (CFO). This is a global function and covers accounting, control and reporting of employee deferred compensation which includes both stock and cash and its related FX and inter-company accounting. The scope of coverage includes accounting of various deferral plans awarded over a number of years, booked in various legal entities and currencies under US GAAP, IFRS, CH GAAP and local GAAP. Month end, Quarter end close activities as well as year-end statutory disclosures and audit are also part of our responsibilities.
Your future colleagues
The team comprised of 14 employees who works closely with the Group, Divisional and Legal Entity Finance teams, HR, Treasury and Tax. This is a diverse-team with a mixture of senior and junior members. The team believes in open and honest communication and operates in a motivated and productive environment. Team-work is key to accomplish all deliverables on timely manner.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
The primary focus of the team is to develop, implement and operate robust and efficient controls and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of people related expenses under various GAAPs and delivery of expense management information and analyses.
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience in a high pressure, deadline focused commercial environment or audit and assurance function
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Words
- Outstanding technical background in accounting and management
- A logical mind set with a high level of attention to detail.
- Committed and determined self-starter and a team-player
- Knowledge of various GAAPs relating to Compensation Accounting is preferred but not essential
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.