Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Tax Accounting & Payroll - Associate - Cairo
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You’ll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Preparing and assisting with client risk management onboarding process
- Project planning, progress monitoring and reporting
- Executing various background checks by running on-going screening of clients and suppliers to manage risks related to client and engagement acceptance
- Running AML and sanction screening checks on all clients and their ultimate beneficial owners to ensure AML and sanctions compliance
- Ensuring engagement teams are compliant with the firm’s client due diligence (CDD) and know your customer (KYC) processes
- Reporting adverse check results, sanctions and global/local conflicts of interest
- Monitoring the timely completion of mandatory client and engagement risk assessment processes
- Handling risk management queries received from the various client engagement teams across the ME
- Identifying, assessing and evaluating violations related to confidentiality breaches
- Assisting in and being part of ME risk management processes to comply with changes made to PwC Network and/or ME local policies.
- Performing the Engagement Compliance Review on selected files to ensure the engagement is in line with the firm’s risk management standards and any independence regulations.
- Raise any concerns regarding inadequate and bring to the attention of senior management.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships, work across multinational teams and with a wide variety of individuals at different levels – from senior partners to staff
- Strong interest and passion for PwC and looking to further develop him/herself and his/her PwC network
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Driven with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Personal gravitas and ethical behavior
- Seeking opportunities for improvement, automation and efficiency gains.
- Fresh Graduate with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas (such as Risk Management, Finance, Business administration)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.