Counsel, Assistant Vice President
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need people like you to help strive for cutting-edge solutions that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Critical areas of support include expanding client mandates for asset owners (both ERISA and non-ERISA), insurance companies, investment managers (both alternative and traditional) and official institutions (central banks and sovereigns).
What you will be responsible for
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex agreements, including custody, fund administration, transfer agency, and trust agreements.
- Advising business partners regarding laws and regulations governing insurance companies, ERISA vehicles, state and municipal retirement and benefit plans, registered mutual funds, private funds, trust companies and separately managed accounts.
- Providing legal and regulatory advice to support changes to State Street’s business model, including new products, services, and partnerships.
- Working with internal legal, business, compliance and risk colleagues to address corporate-wide initiatives.
- Handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with careful legal analysis and attention to detail.
- Exercising sound legal and business judgment in dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Acting as a trusted adviser to State Street business units.
- Instructing and managing external counsel.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong problem-solving and technical legal analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative culture that values teamwork and inclusivity
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and wide-ranging working relationships with colleagues, including the ability to appropriately challenge and offer an alternative point of view
- Ability to interact with and navigate multiple levels and functional areas within a large organization
- Ability to provide practical guidance to assist business and corporate partners in implementing regulatory requirements
- Strong time management, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new areas of law
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited US law school and active admission to practice law required.
- Three (3) years or more of experience in the financial services and/or corporate department of a major law firm or equivalent experience in the financial services sector
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.