Sr. Tax Administrator
Coordinate tax compliance work for our Asset Manager Mutual Fund practice. Oversight of individuals preparing and reviewing the following functions:
- Fiscal & Excise tax provisions
- Financial statement disclosure
- Book vs tax adjustments wash sales, REITs, PFIC's, complex derivatives such as futures, options, & SWAPs
- Periodic distribution calculations
- Year end shareholder reporting support such as qualified dividend income, dividends received deductions and foreign tax credit.
- Federal, state and local income and excise tax returns required by RIC.
- Lead discussions with clients, public accounting firms and internal teams to develop production calendar and establish deliverable expectations throughout the year.
- Participate in problem solving exercises including ability to identify and help solve client challenges.
- Mentor & train Tax Administrators and junior staff
- Candidate will be lead multiple engagements
- At least 5-8 years of mutual fund tax experience
- BS/BA degree in accounting/finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products
- Thorough understand of accounting and tax concepts, practices and procedures required
- Ability to independently problem solve and drive process efficiencies and standardization
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.