Valuations / Pricing, Assc1
Fund accountants are primarily responsible for the timely and accurate execution and reporting of net asset valuations (NAVs) for our clients’ accounts (funds).
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:The Operations Associate within GPD UIT is responsiblefor accurately processing and valuing Unlisted Investment transactions (trades and Corporate Actions) to our Accounting systems. The role involves interaction with various units locally and overseas. The individual acts as a first level resource within assigned business unit to process transactions in accordance to established procedures. Associate should possess the ability to learn new skills, embrace change and communicate effectively. Effective communication, accuracy, timeliness and delivery of client service are imperative in this position.Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Carry out basic processing activities, including trade processing, Corporate Action booking, valuation, and reconciliation, in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer and handle accounting queries and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables.
- Work closely with inter-departmental contacts in processing all necessary events to ensure risk mitigation.
- Identify risk issues, breaches and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures.
- Be accountable for assigned tasks and deadline.
- Work closely with the Team Leader and bring issues that require management attention on a timely manner
- Support the business to offer great quality client service and ensure that the assigned deliverables are planned and delivered efficiently
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree or above
- Major in Finance or accounting is preferred
- Experience in financial services and/or a back-office operations environment is preferred
- Strong excel skills would be an added advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.