Tax, Associate – Tax Technology and Transformation, Asia Pacific Tax Centre, Singapore
Tax, Associate – Tax Technology and Transformation, Asia Pacific Tax Centre, Singapore (2021 Graduates)
Our Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) practice offers services to organisations in response to fast paced technology changes and business trends, including the growing data burden that many taxpayers face, driving efficiencies to create a cost-effective tax function and the need to make data an asset. The underlying objective of TTT is to support our clients develop leading edge people, processes and technology in order to navigate the digital age of tax transparency and compliance.
Our TTT practice is looking to hire a Consultant to join their growing team which is made up of highly skilled professionals with a broad range of technology and consulting competencies. TTT are a global leader in the development of emerging digital tax applications for our client’s day-to-day problems. This is an area that has seen plenty of recent growth and investment – and you will see that reflected in your career. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies are created, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as a Consultant you will have the opportunity to work on various client projects, from assisting in the production of leading practice automation and data analytics solutions, to implementing third-party tax applications for multinational tax departments. You will take ownership of assigned tasks and support delivery of them until completion, including documenting requirements, design, configuration, testing, and project management.
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge or experience in Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Knowledge or experience in Data Science and Data Analytics
- Knowledge or experience in the design and development of databases (specifically SQL Server)
- Experience with developing ETL solutions using SSIS or other tools
- Data analytics and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Spotfire or Qlik
- Knowledge in Microsoft Power BI suite, including Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power Map and Microsoft Office VBA development
- SharePoint development
- Experience implementing third-party direct or indirect tax systems (such as ONESOURCE, CCH, etc.)
- A desire to use new technologies to help change the way in which our clients operate their processes and manage their data
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree (for example in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Accounting, Tax Technology or a related discipline).
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
Strong organisational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Be open to occasional travel around Asia Pacific regions
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
- Good IT knowledge
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
We’re interested in knowledgeable technical professionals. You will need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision. If you’re passionate about technology and are ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The EY member firms in Singapore, with a strength of close to 3,400 people and 180 Partners, is part of the Asia-Pacific Area, which comprises 23 countries across 6 Regions and brings together over 55,000 people to provide services seamlessly across borders.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.