Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll - Procurement Manager - Doha
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Procurement, within Tax - Accounting & Payroll, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and manage the procurement of all goods and services required by PwC for operational and strategic purposes. As a part of the team, you’ll assist in developing our standard practices and compliance infrastructure, managing relationships for both internal clients and suppliers to aid in the strategic selection of suppliers, supplier diversity, and contract negotiations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Arabic-speaking skills is required;
- Worked previously on the government portal (MONAQAST) is a great advantage;
- Responsible for developing standard policies and procedures for government procurement, which are in line with the nature of the various entities in the State of Qatar;
- Designing and developing standardized government procurement policies and procedures that are in line with the nature of the various state-funded entities;
- The procedures must cover from the start of the tender procedure to the awarding stage through settlement of the final contract value;
- Suggest appropriate procurement procedures for the transactions of special-nature entities;
- Improving procedures in line with the legislation and laws in force in the country;
- Getting rid of unnecessary steps and procedures that have no added value;
- Establish procedures covering contract negotiation and variation.;
- Prepare and initiate contract modifications;
- Ensure that policies and procedures are followed;
- Recommend changes to strengthen internal control;
- Providing workshops to entities on new procedures;
- Training and knowledge transfer for the staff at the end of the project;
- Any other tasks required to be performed within the jurisdiction of the Financial Control Department;
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone;
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively;
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development;
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations;
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations;
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations;
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making;
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients;
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties;
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points;
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.