Tax Administrator - Corporate and Institutional Services (CIS) - Chicago
The Corporate and Institutional Services (CIS) Tax Team, a division within Global Client Tax Services, is responsible for preparing informational tax returns and providing ancillary tax services for our CIS clients. These forms consist of IRS Forms 1099DIV, 1099INT, 1099OID and 1099B for custodian clients; also referred to as a comprehensive 1099. Additionally, the team is responsible for preparing grantor 1041 returns for our eligible trustee clients. CIS Tax provides year-end tax informational letters for our clients, where no fiduciary relationship exists, to assist with a client’s overall federal return. CIS Tax prepares book to tax reconciliation reporting which shows the correlation to the client’s audited annual to the tax informational letter.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong accounting knowledge and/or background
- Solid interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with OneSource (TrustEase), a Thomson Reuters is a plus but not needed
- Ability to be adaptable, to multi-task, to think and to act analytically
- Ability to adhere to deadlines both internally and externally
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Recognize, research and resolve tax and/or accounting issues as warranted
- Annually audit, prepare and file ~ 2,000 informational tax returns and ~ 75 book to tax reconciliation returns
- Interact with internal partners and external clients to resolve any tax related matters
- Remain cognizant of any new tax law changes as it pertains primary tax assignments
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.