Manager, BU Financial Analysis
The Manager, BU Financial Analysis is a key member of the Management Reporting, Planning & Analysis (MRP&A) team and will have responsibility for several aspects of Northern Trust’s capital adequacy activities, including the annual capital plan and any interim assessments. (Expected BAU responsibilities to be added here.) The incumbent will also be integrally involved in various financial analysis of Northern Trust’s expenses and revenues, working closely with the Head of MRP&A and the BU CFOs. The Manager, BU Financial Analysis, will oversee a team with partners locally and in Manila. The Manager, BU Financial Analysis, will report to the Head of MRP&A and Finance Operations.
- Managing the PPNR (non-interest income, non-interest expense and balance sheet) projections function in support of the capital adequacy assessment process
- Executing statistical models and qualitative approaches related to the projection of various income statement and balance sheet items in support of the quarterly capital adequacy assessment process at Northern Trust
- A range of financial and statistical analyses, which may include topics in corporate finance, as well as capital adequacy
- Supporting the completion of Northern Trust’s annual capital plan, including evaluating requirements, gathering data and conducting analyses that are financial as well as statistical in nature, completing documentation, and preparing presentations and templates
- Familiarity with developing, implementing and executing models developed using statistical techniques, such as OLS or ARIMA regressions
- Experience in developing and executing financial projections and what-if analyses utilizing qualitative approaches and trend analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills that include an understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience using statistical programming languages such as SAS, R, Python or MATLAB
- Strong communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate with partners at varying levels / roles within the organization as well as an ability to communicate effectively with external constituents
- Ability to create concise model documentation, as well as the ability to critically review and edit documents; a writing sample may be requested
- Organizational and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and organize, manage and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, senior management and overseas partners
- Good business acumen and an understanding of the financial services industry
- 10 + years of experience in finance and/or risk management with demonstrated career progression and increasing responsibility
- Experience managing analytical deliverables and quantitative analysts, including the development and documentation of new qualitative projection approaches
- Experience in financial planning and analysis, accounting, financial services and/or capital adequacy is a plus
- Experience interacting with regulatory oversight a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.