Accounts Receivable Prices and Claims Analyst - Excel
Permanent full time vacancy working in a high volume Retail Credit and Receivables department analysing and accurately invoicing suppliers
£150 million plus revenue retail business
Maintaining excellent supplier relationships and Excel will be used to an advanced level for:
- Reconciliations between goods dispatched and goods receipted by retail clients are completed efficiently every week, with any differences reported internally, and chased with the clients where inaccurate goods receipting has occurred.
- Reviewing depot claims from retailers, confirming if claims are valid, or challenging the client where invalid.
- Ensure Problem transactions are identified at an early stage, so that corrections can be made as soon as possible to ensure the invoice/debit notes are paid with no undue delays
- Retail credit notes & adjustments to invoices are raised promptly and are properly authorised.
- Resolution of quantity discrepancies from customers in a timely manner
- Ensuring accuracy of pricing process within the accounting system Sage
- Cash collection
- Resolution of quantity and prices claims from customers
- Reporting outstanding customer balances
- Accurate reporting of the current state of the retail ledger including outstanding claims, and overdue balances, filed correctly, and reconciled to the control account in the nominal ledger
- Retail Claims (including credit notes, adjustments to invoices) are raised promptly and are properly authorised
- Reasons for transactions failing validations by customers are identified and appropriate changes to procedures and controls are devised and proposed to management to avoid similar failures in future.
- Accurate reporting of errors and failures in the processes
- Retail Account Credit Controller is regularly briefed as to the state of the customer accounts and of any problems stopping invoices being paid in agreed term
- Where appropriate, credit/debit notes being raised, following approval, for the processing & matching of retail customer claims.
- All retail customer accounts are reconciled efficiently and on time
- Retail quantity discrepancies are tracked, monitored & progressed in a timely manner
- Assisting in the maintenance of the retail ledgers ensuring they are accurate, up to date and maintained in a tidy fashion, at all times
- Accurate reporting of the current state of the retail ledger quantity claims, including any foreseeable challenges relating to the delivery quantities.
The successful candidate must have excellent excel skills as this will be tested at rinterview
The successful candidate will have recent relevant experience of the bullet points in the job description and be able to build excellent supplier relationships and push back in a high volume environment
Salary of up to £30,000
Fully remote working for the foreseeable with a blend of home and office working in the future