SME - Journal & BSR
Are you looking to expand your financial systems expertise within a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.As a Process Ownership Record to Report Manager, you will analyse Period End Close data to eliminate re-work, identify areas for process improvement, and ensure we are building capability in the team to support all financial system modules in the future. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Analyse journal data to identify areas for process/system improvement
- Prepare reports of journal data to ensure appropriate software is being used to process journals
- Ensure policies are adhered to through the analysis of journal data in all systems
- Review journals being processed by business to drive savings
- Prepare analysis for the Global Process Owners (GPOs) to use with their stakeholders to identify where journals can be eliminated
- Conduct analysis as requested by the GPO Director/Managers.
- Produce Performance Management Measures for use in the Operations Board to measure compliance
- Act as software Business System Requirement Subject Matter expert (SME) as well as a Close and Compliance SME
- Answer queries from the Record to Report Support (R2R) Team
- Develop journal templates and update training materials
- Configure Balance Sheet Certification to refine a risk-based approach
- Support deployments of appropriate software to new entities
- Write Hot Topic Communications
- Certified Public Accountant/CPA or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants/ACCA certification
- 2 years of experience in Record to Report finance/accounting
- 1 year of experience in Period End Close
- User experience with Commercial/Manufacturing Enterprise Resource Planning (CERPS/MERPS)
- User experience with financial software and data visualization tools
- High level of competency in Excel e.g. Pivot Tables
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.