Senior Reporting Specialist, Trading Partner Finance
Trading Partner Finance (TPF) is a high performing Global team, enabling the supply chain to get products to patients and consumers on-time through strong partnership with the business and strategic BPOs.
95% of GSK’s trade passes through our teams and we are responsible for operating in compliance with global trade, legal & fiscal requirements.
GSK operates in a highly dynamic environment and our activities are fundamental to the implementation of strategic business change.
The TPF Close & Control (C&C) team is responsible for delivering the financial reporting, compliance and control services for the 6 trading partners. Covering a wide scope of supply chain activity, mainly focused on intercompany transactions with some direct 3rd party sales, these entities have a combined turnover of ca. £17bn pa and inventory of >£1bn.
This role may be done up to 80% remotely.
- First of all you will play a key role in supporting receiving side of the migration process from London to Poznan
- Your post-transition responsibilities will include – but non-exhaustively
- Provide set of financial activities related to P&L and Balance Sheet during the monthly cycle to ensure accurate and timely postings of financial transactions, in order to deliver a timely period end close. Activities include (but are not limited to) research & analysis of entries, preparation & review of journals, etc
- You will own your entity’s trial balance
- Cooperating with our BPO partner to ensure that all activities are carried out in a solid and efficient manner especially performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities
- Support period end financial closing activities to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the IFRS reports and control the Balance Sheet for your scope
- Supervising of everyday BPO partner deliverables as well as designing, embedding and monitoring KPIs and SLAs
- Engage in preparing complex analysis and summaries as required
- Closing open issues and ensuring right steps to prevent re-occurrence
- Reviewing the documentation for all month-end control process, ensuring full compliance with SOX requirements, driving control remediation when necessary
- Supporting preparation of statutory accounts and audit deliverables as required
- Managing complex situations proactively and drive continuous service improvements
- Engage with key finance and non-finance stakeholders as required and manage these relationships
- Working closely with teams across the TPF organisation and wider Finance function
- Manage and support one or more accountants /analysts
- Accounting degree / qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in similar roles, including previous experience in accounting area
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in Control/SOX environment
- Experience in financial department in an international environment
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Fluent English
- Calm under pressure and able to manage competing demands
- Credible and comfortable working with senior management
- Able to see the big picture and think beyond immediate area of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and within the team
- Client-centric attitude
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- SAP experience will be a strong asset
- Previous experience in Statutory Accounting
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
- Full list of our benefits: GSK Poland Hub (absotools.pl)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.