BU Compliance, VP
Act as a liaison with local Regulatory agencies, internal and external advisors and auditors and other internal control groups on regulatory issues;
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work very closely with the China Management team, including local and regional business and supporting functions’ leaders, provide prompt and timely strategic advice from the regulatory perspective in a concise and precise manner;
- Lead and/or participate in initiatives to develop, implement and maintain the Compliance Program to facilitate and monitor adherence to regulatory requirements, corporate policies and the control environment;
- Keep up-to-date with the regulatory environment impacting the business and participate with management in compliance and/or risk management projects both at a local and as required, a regional or global level;
- Support the design, development and implementation of projects happening onshore in China by providing all necessary regulatory advice with a solution-based approach.
- Identify and interpret the regulatory requirements, make appropriate judgement call, and provide all necessary advice to the business and support functions, and monitor changes and provide impact assessment;
- Maintain effective and constructive relationships with Regulators in China, and serve as the primary interface between them and State Street, including the delivery of all required regulatory deliverables in a prompt manner;
- Engage with the business and support functions partners in an open fashion, challenge, guide and provide support in the overall maintaining of high standards of culture and behavior;
- Manage the Compliance team onshore in China, ensure the quality of the practice, and provide support and guidance to team members on their continuous career development; and
- Identify and provide compliance training to business and support functions partners in a timely and regular manner.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Bachelor of Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance and related academic qualification.
- Minimum 15 years of regulatory and compliance experience with global financial institution and/or regulators onshore in China, with proven successful track record in the dealings with SAFE, PBOC and CBIRC on the regulatory management for the licensed banking entities in China and offering of FX product to institutional clients from the regulatory perspective.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.