AFE, ESG Analyst
State Street Global Advisors is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation and a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $3.5 trillion in assets.
The Fundamental and Core Growth Equity research team is looking to hire an analyst to build and analyze proprietary sustainability data sets that will be integrated into our Confidence Quotient research framework. This position will also provide support to the sector analysts on industry and company fundamental research.
- Following recognized sustainability materiality frameworks, gather financial and non-financial sustainability data from company financial statements and sustainability reports
- Build comprehensive sustainability data sets on portfolio holdings and perform comparative analysis on company sustainability performance
- Support sector analysts in integrating sustainability data into fundamental company analysis
- Based on the sustainability data, collaborate with sector analysts to analyze material sustainability issues that can impact a company’s business model and earnings growth rate
- Communicate to sector analysts and PMs the ESG best "practices" at the industry and sector company levels
- Build proprietary sustainability screens using internal and third-party data to identify trends in companies’ sustainability performance
- Run sustainability screen on portfolio holdings to provide evidence of portfolio compliance on ESG designation
- Support sector analysts in performing industry research, such as market share trends, contract awards, etc.
- Using company reported financial data to build earnings forecast models
- Provide analytical support to Client Implementation Management (CIM) Team
- Participate in client/prospect/consultant reviews regarding how sustainability data is integrated into research processes
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of experience in an investment management organization or a financial services environment
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Experience using Bloomberg
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and accounting expertise including financial modeling, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Capacity for differentiated thinking, and ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive optimal investment decisions
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources to recommend/drive decisions
- Strong research skills incorporating qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and presentation; ability to effectively communicate strategic research to team members across all levels of the organization
- Initiative to work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a high energy dynamic environment – strong entrepreneurial work ethic
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively - excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills that can develop/nurture external relationships
- Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural team members
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Ability to work in an environment where priorities may change frequently
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.