Manager, Transfer Agency
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
The Tax and Regulatory Projects Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the annual tax form production and filings on behalf of the Transfer Agency clients. This individual will manage transfer agency compliance efforts, assessments, regulatory projects and will lead TA risk mitigation efforts. Federal and state regulatory compliance efforts for withholding, escheatment, intermediary arrangements, and SEC regulations are complex and require expertise in systems and transfer agency processing. Successful candidates will stay abreast of tax and regulatory change, client events, and internal processing requirements and will direct change across all transfer agency business units to ensure compliance.
This position requires expertise in Transfer Agency tax processes and demonstrates well developed process management skills acquired through managing and leading large scale/complex transfer agency projects or processes. Strong analytical and communication skills are needed to draft detailed project plans, vendor business requirements, provide project updates and regulatory communications to a wide audience. Strong organizational skills are required to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. The ability to quickly learn Transfer Agency processes and systems and to work effectively in a team environment is critical. Financial services industry professional with prior tax and regulatory experience is required.
- Manage individuals performing Transfer Agency compliance procedures
- Lead annual tax process consisting of planning, executing system events, tax form output review, IRS filings, state filings and guidance and communication to internal partners, vendors and clients.
- Lead a variety of TA regulatory projects of varying size and complexity demonstrating strong leadership and project management skills.
- Manage and resolve IRS and state related inquires notices and penalties.
- Oversee annual tax planning and preparation including: review of annual IRS and regulatory publications, notices or changes, complete process review/ analysis of annual changes, draft vendor and internal business requirements and data mapping changes, document test plans and issue management, complete required testing, and execute post implementation monitoring.
- Identify opportunities for utilization of outsourcing partners. Develop proposals, statement of work, and project plans.
- Provides subject matter expertise for new or complex products/services and oversees the implementation of new processes to support these products/services on an ongoing basis to ensure that client needs and regulatory requirements are met.
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates/changes impacting mutual funds and alternative investment products. Liaise with government agencies, regulatory authorities, industry, vendors and internally to make recommendations for handling TA processes.
Demonstrate expertise in facilitating and executing core tax and regulatory processes including: escheatment, client or investor issue research/escalation, client onboarding, client change, regulatory initiatives and cost basis.
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in project management, tax and regulatory experience in mutual funds
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.