Senior Corporate Tax Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
This new role, based in London, will report to the Head of Tax, EMEA. The role will support the Head of Tax with direct tax compliance, accounting for income taxes and planning for countries within the EAME region. The main focus of the role is technical expertise and review, working closely with the other team members based in London and Manila.
The candidate will participate in various cross functional projects to provide tax considerations and requirements and should be able to communicate complex tax concepts in a meaningful and useful way to non-tax partners.
The candidate will primarily focus on corporate tax and transfer pricing matters.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for specialised areas of tax including UK bank levy, Luxembourg net wealth tax and branch capital calculations.
- Researching international tax issues (working with external providers as necessary) to support business initiatives.
- Provide relevant tax guidance and work to build relationships with the business.
- Preparation and review of tax returns and tax provisions.
- Assisting with transfer pricing policy, including implementing changes approved by the transfer pricing governance committee.
- Preparation and review of local files for transfer pricing purposes.
Skills / Qualifications:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- UK tax technical knowledge and international tax experience including specialist tax knowledge in relation to Banks.
- Professional tax or accounting qualification (eg CTA, ACA).
- Experience of international planning and practical experience with tax laws in other countries.
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams and partner with people at all levels within the organisation, including coaching of junior staff.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to communicate, collaborate and consult with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on complex tax concepts and analysis.
- Ability to operate independently while being open to and helping drive continual growth and improvement.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.