The Assistant Manager is responsible for monitoring Month end close activities/variance analysis, General Ledger Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations.
- 10 + Year experience in Record to Report (R2R – General Accounting)
- Qualification - M.Com / MBA/CWA-Inter/ CA-Inter with 10+ or more years of post-qualification Or CA, CPA or CWA, with 6 + or more years of post-qualification experience.
- Preferably, experience in effectively managing groups of at least 10 analysts, team leads.
- Strong finance and accounting skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills
- He / She Should have experience in Client handling (preferably Overseas Clients)
- Good knowledge about Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and Segregation of Duties’ (SOD).
- Continuous process improvements on current process designs as a part of transformation agenda.
- Should have been part of transition or should have managed transition for team
- Preferable He / She are having experience in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Investment Management and Investment services.
- Multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines are mandatory.
The key role includes for Journal entry process and Blackline General ledger reconciliations.
- Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on various Sub-ledgers / Accounting Knowledge / Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities
- Preferable to have experience in effectively managing groups of at least 10 (including analyst and team leads)
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in month end close, Accrual & Prepaid, variance analysis, FX Calculations.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in review of journal entries including substantiation of supporting documentation, usage of affiliates for IC transactions and general ledger balance sheet account reconciliations (High Complexity)
- Proactively work with the onshore teams and support the team for timely clearance, resolution of reconciliation variance & aged outstanding items.
- Goods in Risk Management and Risk Control and Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- Should have experience in identifying systems and staff requirements in BCP situation
- Ability to identify and review critical activities on a periodic basis
Excellent operational and technical accounting knowledge is a must for this role. This role is critical to maintain and enhance the controls over the reconciliations done in the Reconciliations team. Excellent understanding of the General Accounting Function (i.e. Reconciliations & Journal Entries) and related Corporate policies is a must for this role.
Excellent problem solving skills is a prerequisite for this role. This position will require giving technical support to the Preparers, Reviewers and the Senior Accountants in completion of the Reconciliations. This position will require an excellent understanding of the controls and risk environment. The role will need to take decisions/ escalate issues to the local/onshore management. The role will require to review and enhance effectiveness of internal process controls adherence.
Position will actively interact with the onshore teams and the Blackline Global Helpdesk team. The role will need to interact effectively within the team, with the onshore teams across different regions. The role is critical to ensure the completeness of reconciliations prepared across different Finance businesses.
As the role is responsible for interacting with multiple teams across the Finance onshore teams and the staff in Chennai, excellent communication skills is a must for this role. Good Conflict intervention skills are required for this role. The role requires ability to manage small teams.
- M.Com/ MBA/CWA-Inter/ CA-Inter with 10+ or more years of post-qualification or CA, CPA or CWA, with 6 + or more years of post-qualification experience
- 10+ year’s experience in preparing and reviewing Balance Sheet Account reconciliation and Preparation and Review of Journal Entries & designing and monitoring internal controls
- Excellent operational and technical accounting knowledge.
- 6+years of post-qualification experience
- Past experience in effectively managing groups of at least 10 analyst, team leads.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.