Assistant Manager - Fund and Asset Reporting
Basic Purpose of Job:
State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, with over $40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and over $3 trillion in assets under management as of March 31, 2021.
State Street provides custody, accounting, administrative and other services on almost $30 trillion of financial assets around the world. It is that AUCA, as it is called, (Assets Under Custody and/or Administration), that makes State Street an integral component of the global financial services infrastructure. A centralized team is responsible for reporting on all the AUCA held across State Street’s various businesses, and that data is used for a magnitude of financial and regulatory filings around the world.
The Fund and Assets Reporting (FAR) Team is a dedicated function within the Finance organization under the Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
The FAR Assistant Manager will work as a lead for one of the FAR divisions and assist in analyzing and generating various reports from the massive amount of data stored in that centralized reporting system – FAR. FAR is an SQL database from where information is extracted and analyzed in Excel and Access.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Will lead one of the current Fund and Asset Reporting (FAR) divisions.
- Generating various reports from FAR database in Excel and Access. Extracting and summarizing the data in the centralized reporting system for various management, financial, regulatory, and business purposes.
- Summarizing massive amounts of data in a manner that can easily interpreted by senior management.
- Ensuring Integrity of the data gathered and reported.
- Working closely with other FP&A teams to explain the relevance and impact of the AUCA data on their reporting.
- Effective collaboration with various teams and responsiveness to internal data requests.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with 8-11 years of relevant experience ideally covering multiple of the following with major financial institutions:
- Financial Planning & Analysis exposure in a global setting
- 6 to 8 Years of experience in Data analysis, MIS reporting
- Experience in the MIS in Financial Services industry
- Prior experience/exposure to Analytics in global Fund Administration/Custodian Bank would be a Plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, ), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices),
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.