Manager - Business Process Solutions (Payroll) - Shanghai (copy)
Pursue a Career with Impact
At Deloitte China, we are on a mission to nurture and empower our people to become deep subject matter experts.
We offer the perfect platform to unleash your full potential and equip you to thrive on challenges, and partner with our clients to solve their most complex problems.
A world of opportunities awaits. Start your adventure and journey with us.
About the Business
Deloitte China Tax and Business Advisory is the only Big Four practice that works As One across Greater China Region including the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan with nearly 2,000 tax people in 21 cities to advise and assist clients concerning tax and business issues. It is also a Tier One tax practice in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan (International Tax Review’s World Tax 2017)
Deloitte’s Business Process Solutions can help companies identify the unique approach by assessing operational effectiveness, identifying opportunities to enhance strategic insight and operational efficiencies, and developing an incremental path to improvement by leveraging alternative resource models. Our approach assists businesses in improving the management, oversight, and control of their accounting, tax, and human resources processes through a flexible mix of in-house and external resources. We have accumulated valuable experience in outsourcing and co-sourcing services with which we are able to assist our clients develop customized financial and tax management plans based on their specific industries and operation models. We aim to build a long-term relationship with our clients so that these plans can be improved for the benefit of their comprehensive management and decision making processes.
Work you'll do
• Create significant, new opportunities with existing clients and prospects independently
• Create a pipeline of future business opportunities
• Drives targeted and sustainable of payroll and HR solutions that reduce compliance risk, overcome operational inefficiencies, and reinforce business intelligence
• Guides teams through the design and implementation of payroll solutions that increase compliance and optimize organizational efficiency
• Leads large client engagement, including clarifying team goals, assigning responsibilities, sharing information, coaching team members, managing financials and monitoring progress
• Applies a deep and broad HR perspective to translate client's business issue into integrated multi-component HR or payroll management
• Applies knowledge of current and proposed/pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Payroll and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
• Demonstrates subject matter specialty and ability to share knowledge in one or more service lines within the HR and Legal function
• Enables fact-based decision making by using appropriate research techniques and analytical skills
• Improves work efficiency, effectiveness, and client service by using common technology tools
Your role as a leader:
• Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
• Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
• Mentors and coaches staff while managing resource allocation, workflow and resource utilization; supports them in their growth and career
A fit for the role? Let's talk about you.
We are looking for someone with:
• Bachelor's degree or above,
• 5-8 years relevant experience in international companies or professional firms preferred,
• A qualification certificate is preferred, including but not limited to, GHRP, SHRP, CHRP, PMP,
• Good understanding of PRC Labour Ordinances and payroll regulations, be able to identify clients' technical issues, and provide workable solutions
• Strong business writing skills in both English and Chinese as well as fluent spoken English language
• Experienced in using ERP system like Oracle or SAP, or other HR/payroll software
• Strong organisational and project management skills and can maintain positive working relationships with appropriate client personnel on all engagements
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with client stakeholders, develop compelling proposals, reports and presentations
• Actively involve in new or challenging projects, can be a team player and help maintain gook working environment with the team
Why Deloitte China? Join Deloitte China
Deloitte China delivers a comprehensive range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients in China.
- We are the world's largest professional services firm and change the world, leading with purpose and shared values
- We are the undisputed market leader, creating value through multi-disciplinary services and innovative digital solutions, and developing world-class leaders and professionals
- We have been named a "Top Employer China" in the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong & Macau since 2006, providing a “High Value, High Touch, High Tech” talent experience
Start your new chapter with us
Ready to take on new challenges? It's your time to shine. Apply now!