Senior IT Auditor I
The Senior IT Auditor I, Information Technology (IT), is responsible for conducting and documenting audits throughout the Corporation. This role leads audit project teams, which includes providing oversight to the audit team and communicating results of the engagement to management.
The Senior IT Auditor I provides technical expertise and training to auditors within the engagement audit team and works closely with Audit Team Leads and Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement.
- Leads one audit at a time at a minimum.
- Conduct and document more complex and high risk audits throughout the Corporation.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism and comfort with questioning how certain processes are being performed in order to facilitate making improvements.
- Finalizes planning documents.
- Conducts first level review of Planning Documents.
- Applies analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit results, and evaluate the adequacy of controls.
- Work with the Audit engagement Senior Auditor II or Team Leader/Manager I or II to develop the audit objectives for the engagement.
- Assists with the development of the audit budget and/or timeframe for how the audit will be completed based on the objective and risk of the areas covered within the engagement.
- Reviews the work papers of the audit team members ensuring that departmental standards have been met.
- Communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management.
- Drafts findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports.
- Coordinates with other audit teams (business unit, regional, and specialist) to ensure evaluations of related areas occur timely and cover key areas within the audit.
- Provides training, coaching, and auditing expertise to the audit team.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit/function.
- A College or University degree and/or entry level auditing experience in a financial institution is preferred.
- Knowledge of audit procedures and standards usually obtained through related work experience and a four year degree program is required.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the Audit Services' Internal Audit Charter, Policy and Methodology and adheres to all applicable requirements within those documents.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures that relate to auditing/accounting standards and analytical skills are necessary to prepare audits.
- Knowledge of the operations, functions, and objectives of interfacing areas is required to properly audit operations, services, systems, workflow, and operational impact on other areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change