Corporate Tax Associate/Assistant Manager
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of the growth journey. As a result of a number of recent senior hires and client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Tax Associate or Assistant Manager
About the company and department
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we’ll help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list – from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons and premier league footballers. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. And with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking.
About the job
This role would suit someone who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Surrounded by talent, this role will genuinely give you an opportunity to drive your continuing professional development.
The corporate tax team at RSM acts for a wide range of middle market clients including OMBs, private equity portfolio companies and large corporate groups. The Preston team has ambitious plans for growth and are seeking an individual with corporate tax experience to join the team.
This is an opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will include undertaking the more complex compliance work, reviewing work undertaken by junior team members and working on a variety of advisory projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to support senior staff by involvement in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate would be CTA/CA/ACA qualified, who has experience of working within an Accountancy Practice with a good level of exposure to Corporate Tax. They would be able to work well as part of a team and have strong interpersonal skills, which will help communicating with both colleagues and clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be the main point of contact on tax only cases for the firm and respond quickly to clients.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required. Appropriate support will be provided by more senior team members.
- To conduct your work in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements. Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Be involved in the coaching and development of junior staff.
- To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage compliance work efficiently.
- To be actively involved in supporting senior staff with office business development activities.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
- Good standard of education, particularly in Maths and English.
- ACA or CTA qualified or significant previous experience in a professional firm.
- Strong understanding of the corporate tax rules and 3 years practical experience of applying these and an eagerness to develop further.
- Proven experience in client handling and project management.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Tax experience from a practice background is preferable.
- Commercial awareness.
- Team player.
- Business development experience or interest in this aspect would be desirable.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.