Head of In Country Shared Services
Head of Financial Shared Services is responsible to facilitate all Financial shared services activities for 2 entities namely GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Limited (GSKP); GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
The role requires to provide best in class financial shared services to all the 2 entities covering P2P, R2R, O2C and T&E. Other than managing the shared services other specifics also include
- Effective staff management
- Identify operational challenges and propose solutions
- Manage multiple financial operations
- Work on process improvement
Pakistan is a very volatile market with a possibility of continuous fluctuation, it is very important to ensure timely intercompany payments including royalty, finished goods and raw materials. This is a very critical area and requires continuous management to minimize devaluation exposure.
The role requires a deep understanding and good knowledge of GSK processes and systems. This includes submission & review of Bison for all the 2 entities. Preparing entity wise P&L , Balance sheet commentary.
- Pakistan Local Listed Entity Rx & Cx
The local entities are listed on the Stock Exchange, given Pakistan stringent regulatory environment and unique Financial Planning and Reporting needs compared to other GSK markets.
- Data sharing for audits (Half yearly and Annual) with the external auditors
- Publish quarterly accounts as per defined guidelines of Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP)
- presentation of the financial results to the Board of Directors to approve the accounts.
Working Capital Management
Public tenders are important part of company's sales, continuously interaction is required to ensure collection on time. Regular meetings are required to be conducted with credit committee to ensure proper management of cashflow at the same time ensure business continuity.
Since Pakistan is a very volatile market and has a large GSK footprint it is also important to ensure timely payment to strategic and critical vendors to avoid unnecessary price increase and ensure continuity of business.
The role requires to maintain strong governance for all the 2 entities. Majority of the transactions and controls fall under shared services. This also includes compliance to both GSK WOW, local SOP’s, strict regulatory framework within the country (Companies act, Code of Corporate Governance & other regulatory requirements), implementation of any change in IFRS and corporate reporting.
This role requires to manage, develop and sustain effective relationship with stakeholders and undertake any reasonable management requests. Networking with key stake holders to improve service level and assist in key deliverables. Ensuring that all the key stakeholders are well informed of any changes.
As a head of ICSS manage a large finance team and regularly involved in identifying and developing talent. This involves regular mentoring, guidance on projects undertaken, rotations to develop for future opportunities within GSK.
Education & Experience
Degree, Qualified Accountant or MBA, 6-8 years post qualified experience with Pharma/FMCG preferred.
Strong Understanding of regulatory framework, timely deliverables, managing multiple entities, project and people management.
- Strong partnership with Commercial and all Functional Heads
- Lead shared service for all finance related/ impacted areas.
- Develop strong networking across GSK world.
Being Enterprise Minded:
- Commercial acumen with sound knowledge of market dynamics and financial knowledge.
- Identify opportunities to bring in synergies within different businesses.
Communicating for Results & Listed entity matters.
- Proactive approach with excellent communication skills
- Meet all corporate timelines for financial reporting etc.
- Assist in timely publishing of financial result on quarterly basis
- Develop KPI’s and focus on continuous process improvement to ensure efficient service delivery.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.