Finance Assistant - IFA
Due to continued growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen within the Equitix finance team for a finance professional from M&A and/or Tax to join our team in London.
The role will be positioned within a specialist sub team in finance, a team currently provides advisory services to the Investment and Fund finance team. We are looking for an individual with strong tax or M&A experience, ideally within the Infrastructure space.
A leading investor, developer and long term fund manager of core infrastructure. The client manages over 300 assets on behalf of investors, including a large proportion of UK pension funds, with assets under management of £7billion.
Liaising closely with the investment team and external advisors, you will review financial and tax due diligence, review financial models including cash flows / financial projections to support transactions and investigating optimisation and restructuring opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to attend relevant advisor meetings and industry conferences.
To be considered for this position, you must have around 1-2+ years of relevant experience (ideally within the Infrastructure sector), an excellent academic record, and is studying towards either a CTA/CFA/ACA or equivalent. You will also have strong financial modelling, valuation and presentation skills, and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
A role in the team will expose you to a fast pace and dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions with direct exposure to the board.
Duties of the Job:
- Reporting to the IFA Financial Controller
- Assist in the review of financial due diligence of new target investments
- Assist in the review of financial appraisal of target investments
- Assist in analysing tax structuring of investments and holding structures
- Business partnering to the wider business and financial advisers as necessary
- Preparation of funds flow for new acquisitions
- Interrogation of financial models
The ideal candidate will:
- be able to work as part of a wider investment management team alongside other finance professionals and advisers
- use initiative to proactively and independently manage the financial work steam contributing to the successful close of investments
- have c. 1-2+ years' experience and is working towards either a CTA/CFA/ACA of equivalent
- ideally have experience of infrastructure and/or fund structures
- have advanced Excel skills and a working knowledge of financial models (macros and VBA preferable but not essential)
- be an innovative thinker and not fear challenging financial problems.
- be degree level educated.
Looking to pay £28,000 with study support, bonus and an excellent benefits package.