An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global financial services firm in the heart of Central London as a Graduate Depositary Analyst. The role will sit within their depositary team and you will specialise in either Private Equity or Real Estate. The position offers great progression, a brilliant team/company culture and full study support through a professional qualification.
A global financial services firm specialising in fund adminsitration for Real Estate & Private Equity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer depositary services for a portfolio of clients managing real estate, private equity and infrastructure funds.
- Client relationship management including ongoing multi-channel communication such as face-to-face, telephone and email.
- Undertake the client take on process and client risk assessments.
- Undertake key event assessments including: subscriptions, drawdowns, acquisitions, disposals, distributions, terminations and others.
- Cash flow monitoring: preparation of high level reconciliations, analytical reviews and substantive testing of bank accounts.
- Safekeeping and verification of assets: verifying that assets and their economic benefit exist and are owned by the Fund. Maintaining an up to date inventory of all assets held by the Fund.
- Ongoing monitoring and oversight of the Fund and Fund Manager - ensuring controls and procedures adequate and are being adhered to, ensuring the fund is being managed in accordance with the fund documentation
- Sensitive conversations with our clients will be led by the Manager and Head of Department and will need to be documented by the Analyst who will be require to develop an intimate knowledge of our clients businesses.
- Delivering work to the expected standard and timeframes.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Strong academic background; recently achieved 2:1 degree (2020/2019) from a top university with A-B at A-Level. 2021 graduates looking to start in the next month or so will also be considered.
- Any previous experience in the real estate / private equity industry or top accountancy practice would be an advantage however is not essential. Whether that be internships or post-graduation experience.
- Similarly experience working in an internal audit / compliance / controls function an advantage however is not essential (ideal candidate would have work experience from a top 10 audit practice).
- Understanding (having researched) the 3 pillars of Depositary.
- An understanding of the principles of control frameworks and risk management.
- Excellent attention to detail and an inquisitive mind-set.
- Ability to think laterally about the practical application of the AIFMD, particularly in relation to the verification of a diverse portfolio of assets.
- Ability to work in a small company environment with focused and hardworking individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should be studying towards or willing to study towards a professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA, or non-accounting qualification such as CAIA or CISI
Looking to pay up to £27,000 (+ bonus) with a comprehensive benefits package which includes full study support.