Accounts Payable Assistant
Accounts Payable Assistant role with real estate private equity group. Based in its London office, the successful applicant will work within the UK finance team who perform the accounting function for the firm's European businesses.
Real estate investment banking and advisory firm specialising in creating, investing in and advising specialized real estate companies. The total company size is approximately 90, with 27 personnel located in the London office. The firm has a brilliant culture and you will be working with a close knit finance function.
The successful candidate will report into the Assistant Financial Controller. They will be responsible for accounts payable and the expenses process, using the firm's accounting and reporting systems, undertake expenses analysis, and liaise with vendors and business partners. There is the opportunity to be involved in a broader spectrum of accounting tasks as soon as the candidate is ready to undertake them as well as support whilst studying.
Principal duties of the role
- Receive and process invoices for payment.
- Review employee expenses and process accompanying reports.
- Set up payments for authorisation.
- Monitor and maintain cash and petty cash balances.
- Prepare recurring journal entries.
- Assist with the reconciliation of balance sheet schedules (including bank reconciliations) on a monthly basis.
- Assist with accounts payable and bank related audit queries.
- Maintain finance process documentation, as appropriate.
- Perform and assist with ad-hoc queries as required in a timely manner.
Candidate skills required
- 3 A levels A-C within a numerically focused field.
- Studying towards AAT: level 1/2 AAT preferably or can begin level 3 AAT.
- Experience working within a finance administration back office role. Preferably within a financial services firm.
- This role would suit a candidate with a junior level of experience looking for a career in accountancy and finance
- This role would not suit a candidate looking to study ACCA/CIMA as the roles duties would not support the qualification
- Happy to work in a team of 3
- The role will be a long term, stable position. Therefore candidates looking to move on from the role quickly would not be suitable.
- Attention to detail and high level of pride in quality of work.
- Well-organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude with an ability to collaborate within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to be self-starting and proactive.
- Computer literate - Microsoft packages, particularly Excel. Experience with Oracle and SAP Concur beneficial but not essential.
Looking to pay between £22,000-£28,000 with benefits (including study support contribution)