OLM Business Analyst MI
- This role is responsible for resolving escalated urgent/complex issues to ensure business continuity for Shell's Management Information/Business Intelligence (MI/BI) SAP MII, HANA Platform and applications.
- Provide second and third line operational IT support for SAP BW/HANA/MII and applications. This includes incident ticket resolutions.
- Proactively monitor service outcomes to initiate service improvements and recommendations for remediation.
- Prioritize and manage multiple operational delivery priorities, demands and requests including Supportability & Transition projects.
- Provide technical expertise for changes to application architecture design.
- Manage the implementation of changes taking the portfolio architecture into account.
- Guide and advise others being the subject matter expert in technical/operational aspects.
- Handle complex severity incidents according to Business Service Level Agreement (BSLA). Resolve escalated multi-discipline technical application and infrastructure incidents end-to-end per business SLA.
- Work with MI Centre of Excellence to assess project deliveries for addressing any supportability issues.
- Understand how projects enable the implementation of Shell's MI/BI capabilities to accurately assess technical issues and recommend solutions that are supportable and consistent with the overall strategy.
- Advise on impact of technical exceptions, including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc. Ensure that there is proper technical assessment of all such exceptions.
- Cooperate with support and project management teams on technical feasibility and considerations.
- Work with support team and project management teams to prepare detailed technical plans, evaluate test results and to ensure supportable solution is being deployed by the projects.
- Ensure adherence to Shell security and compliance framework, information security and regulatory audit compliance. Ensure all relevant compliance strategies, policies, standards, processes, procedures and best practices are applied, executed and monitored correctly.
- Give advice on the technical aspects of configuration management methods, system security requirements, the operations and maintenance of systems being supported and proposed system recovery procedures.
- Understand Shell's landscape and architecture across multiple support vendors. Provide integrated support based on your architectural understanding by coordinating with different vendors to solve high-priority incidents.
- Provide resolution during problem management reviews to ensure complex problems are being resolved appropriately.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to a degree level in information technology
- Strong analysis and communication skills.
- Sound support/development hands-on experience of 5 - 9 years with SAP BW/HANA/MII (5 years) Basis
- SAP Basis knowledge required-5 to 9 years in SAP HANA, MII & BW
- Good hands on/understanding of system configuration and technical setting in MII/HANA/BW
- Exposure to Performance optimization (Capacity assessments..) and Job management/administration
- Mange/Implement support packages, upgrade and SAP Notes implementation
- Exposure to process chains in BW is considered a plus.
- Interface/integration touch points knowledge for troubleshooting (like SSL & Secure Cell )
- Middleware management inclusive of certificate handling, SSL/RFC/HTTP connections
- Solman monitoring, configuration like setting up alerts, EWA analysis and remediation
- Exposure to oracle DB, OS level scripts considered a plus.
- Able to work 24 x 7 in shifts on rotation basis - if needed, which may be required in the future.
- Must be able to communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders. *
- Ability to work independently without guidance or supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual global team.
- Good customer liaison skills across all organization levels.
- Experience working with information risk management controls and ITIL processes
- Experience with Oracle administration and development and database management
- Infrastructure knowledge related to web servers and databases.
- Experience with remote product administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Strong problem analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Good time management skills, ability to multitask to manage conflicting requirements
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- Ability to work with teams from different cultures and in different time zones in a global, virtual environment.
- Coordination, consulting, problem management and analysis skills.
Attention to detail, with critical mind set to ensure services are run effectively and in compliance with controls and SLA, ensuring mitigation of risks and impact on business activities.