Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic School of Long Island
Deer Park, NY
Our Lady of Guadalupe School, with campuses in Deer Park and Central Islip, is seeking a full–time bookkeeper to directly support the Head of School in administering the finances of both campuses of the new school. The bookkeeper works closely with the school accountant and Principal. The bookkeeper will play a critical role in the establishment of the new school, which will open in the Fall of 2021, with responsibilities including, but not limited to: Tuition Management, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Reporting and Transparency.
School Start Up:
- Support Head of School in establishing financial working relationships with host parishes and supporting regional parishes.
- Support Head of School and Department of Education to establish appropriate financial accounts for the operations of school.
- Support the transition of payroll for employees transferring from other schools to OL Guadalupe.
- Establish recurring monthly AR/AP and financial reporting processes and timelines in consultation with the Department of Education and Parish Support.
- Establish student tuition accounts in FACTS.
- Establish a tuition payment schedule for each school year.
- Monitor and manage delinquent accounts.
- Post all tuition payments to student's accounts.
- Reconcile all credit card and ACH tuition payments.
- Handle family correspondence and inquiries.
- Prepare tuition books for the families.
- Support parents in understanding and pursuing financial aid from applicable sources, including, but not limited to Tomorrow's Hope Foundation.
- Act as liaison with service providers and families in the case of tuition non–payment.
- Prepare new employee hire packets for teachers and staff.
- Ensure all documents are completed.
- Process biweekly payroll in ADP.
- Verify all W2 for accuracy.
- Verify all 1095 for accuracy.
- Serve as liaison for employee benefits.
- Monitor liability accruals related to employee leave.
- Support head of school in administering stipends within budgetary constraints.
- Monitor receivables including tuition and parish subsidies.
- Track aging receivables.
- Prepare school receipt deposits for delivery to bank and post to general ledger.
- Process payments for all approved expenditures.
- Monitor school payables and advise the head of school on any unexpected payables.
Reporting and Transparency
- Prepare monthly budget reports for Head of School and campus principals.
- Manage all the bank accounts and input all of the transactions into Quickbooks.
- Prepare all financial documentation required to maximize opportunities for public support from the Local Education Agencies, State, or Federal Government.
- assemble various reports in support of the preparation of the annual budget.
- Three or more years' experience serving in bookkeeping or financial management role within a school, non–profit, or business of comparable size.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Powerschool, FACTS, and Quickbooks required.
- Passion and support for the Mission of Catholic Education.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.