EPM Anaplan Modeler
Job Purpose: The PDS EPM team (Process, Data & Systems and Enterprise Performance Management) is at the hard of the digitalization journey in Shell. As part of the digitalization journey proof of concepts with new technologies were executed and Anaplan was selected as one of the tools that contribute to the EPM roadmap to Connected Planning processes. The EPM Anaplan Modeler plays an important role in the delivery of digitalization across Upstream, Integrated Gas/Renewables & Energy Solutions and Downstream. The EPM Anaplan Modeler is a so-called hybrid/purple role combining Finance/Business knowledge with IT knowledge.
The role is located in Finance Operations in Krakow and is responsible for advising, developing, maintaining and training of users of models developed in the Anaplan tool (including associated reporting). It will be part of the PDS EPM team.
Anaplan is a SaaS (Software as a Service), cloud-based tool that is part of a new generation of tools that is not customizable; only configurable. As a result, support for the tool resides with the PDS EPM team and with “Super Users in the Business” and less so with IT. The hardware and required infrastructure for Anaplan is hosted in the cloud and the vendor takes responsibility for maintenance. Periodic upgrades and enhancements are automatically pushed to users. These Cloud/SaaS tools are an important element of Shell’s IT Strategy.
- Multiple use cases in Finance/Business across UP,IGRES and DS require support
- Most Confidential data requires special attention to access configurations to ensure protection of data
- Key member of Anaplan community (required to establish and maintain standards for the data and tool)
This role reports to the Manager EPM PDS with a direct reporting line to the Chief Product Owner for Anaplan.
The global PDS team is primarily based in Krakow with some members in The Hague, Chennai and Bangalore. The team works closely together with experts in many different parts of the Businesses.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior executives in Finance, IT and Technical teams which creates a unique opportunity to develop in a company which operates in a highly dynamic sector and employs complex process and IT solutions. Our team members are recognized for unique set of skills they bring to the table and – as a result –multiple opportunities for further development are available.
- Initial focus on quickly becoming a certified Anaplan modeler (training program will be provided)
- Lead smaller Anaplan implementations and/or changes following the Anaplan “design standards and principles”
- Building (parts of) complex models (with focus on setting up efficient and easy to support models)
- Providing hands-on modeling support to 1 or 2 projects at a any given time
- Working closely with other Anaplan modelers in “scrum” teams and will challenge business requirements (e.g. are they really required, is this the most efficient solution, etc.)
- Articulate model issues encountered and (technical) solutions chosen towards team and stakeholders
- Contributes to engagements with potential new Anaplan Shell customers by providing demo’s
- Participate in internal communities (e.g. Shell Anaplan modeler community)
- Support training of Super Users and other Anaplan model builders on design principles and latest functionality changes in Anaplan
- Obtain understanding of processes supported by Anaplan and work with process experts in the PDS EPM Planning and Reporting teams to identify simplification opportunities (process and data)
- Support and maintain existing Anaplan models
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Finance/Economics/IT or other quantitative discipline. For non-finance majors, formal courses/qualifications like CIMA, ACCA, are required
- Requires a special combination of Finance and Business skills/understanding along with an affinity and aptitude for data, systems and reporting
- Will need to acquire system development skills to be able to configure Anaplan
- Working knowledge of SQL & Spotfire and
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong delivery mindset
- Results focused
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and effective in communicating
- The candidate must be flexible/resilient and is able to manage ambiguity
- Willingness to occasionally travel for prolonged periods
- Experience with working with other cultures/nationalities would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility
- Anaplan modeling skills
- Some literacy in statistics / visualization tools)
- Programming skills (VBA, VB.NET, python)
- Understanding of Oil & Gas Industry
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.