GmbH Depository/ Fiduciary Services, Associate 2
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- The candidate needs to have a global overview of all service providers interacting with a fund Oversight.
- The candidate will be at the core of the depositary oversight team providing valuable assistance with respect to:
- The management of the Oversight team information flow review and allocation of all incoming emails to the team client/project owners.
- The maintenance of oversight team UCITS and AIFs fund database according to related business announcements (new funds, liquidation, mergers, etc.).
- Support the team in oversight of AIFs and UCITS.
- The assistance to the team overall administrative tasks, such as:
- Follow up on missing / renewal of client documentation, such as Operating memorandums, contracts, financial statements, Due Diligence questionnaires, etc.
- coordination of specific management requests to the oversight team
- Set up and follow up of conference calls agendas
- overview and follow up of team deadlines related to projects
- Review procedures in place to calculate the NAV and understand the drivers of the NAV calculation Review income distribution calculations, expense calculations, income accruals, Ensure that the receivable and payable accounts linked to shareholder activity are in good order.
Trade settlement, income and cash:
- Risk assessment of trades, cash and income not timely settled/received.
Investment Restriction Compliance:
- Review if a breach requires escalation.
- Understand the risk items linked to the transfer agency activity.
- Assist the team with collecting and reviewing due diligence questionnaires for management companies, Alternative Investment Fund Managers, transfer agents, Collateral Managers, etc.
Document collection and review:
- Understand and review the legal documents linked to the activity of a mutual fund: ISDA/CSA, prospectus, due diligence questionnaires, Operating Memorandum, etc.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Very good communication skills (oral and written) professionally to clients and establish a very good client relationship.
- Have an understanding of the Directive for Alternative Investment. Funds (AIFMD) and UCITS (UCITS V) and understand the different structure for Luxembourg funds (SICAV, FCP,).
- Show good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and keep well-documented records.
- Be at all times a team player to build an atmosphere of co-operation within the group.
- Business/Finance degree is a must; legal background is an advantage
- Fluent in English, other languages are an advantage, especially German
- Excellent PC skills, especially excel and PowerPoint.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.