Investigations & Compliance Senior - UKI Forensics - Birmingham
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Despite the best efforts of regulators, internal controls and risk departments, corruption and corporate fraud continue to challenge businesses and Governments across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no entity is immune. Society’s growing expectations in relation to Integrity, coupled with the increased transparency afforded by technology, pose an ever-evolving challenge to all business leaders. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it, where they need it.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services (Forensics) team is growing and as an Investigations & Compliance Senior/Assistant Manager you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you’ll develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud and corruption issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries and geographies, you can expect to take on a wide range of prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same type of client engagement for too long. You’ll work with our clients’ legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. You’ll also support our clients to proactively monitor and address important risks within their businesses. It’s all about using and developing your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines, producing robust deliverables which contribute to Building a Better Working World.
Skills and attributes for success
Knowledge and experience with:
- Fraud, Corruption, Compliance and Integrity issues, including key legislative instruments and enforcement trends (eg Bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OECD convention on corruption, local corruption legislation)
- Investigation methodology (eg in instances of bribery & corruption, fraud, bankruptcy and insolvency)
- Compliance (e.g. risk assessment, monitoring, remediation)
- Business Intelligence tools and techniques
- Preparing, interpreting and/or auditing accounts
- Analysing, modelling, testing, documenting and presenting financial scenarios, identifying risks and issues, anticipating challenges
- Project Management skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A curious, inquisitive mindset and enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Enthusiasm for working across borders in an open and multi-cultural environment
- Confidence to support clients in situations with significant ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information, processes, policies and procedures
- Demonstrable knowledge of the fields of Investigations & Compliance
- Advanced Skills in Excel and experience in Word, PowerPoint
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A Professional accountancy qualification (CA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent) will be a significant differentiator
- Proficiency with foreign languages may also be a differentiator
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the energy and ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to build or improve our current relationships and processes.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness. We ask because it matters!
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.