General Ledger Accountant
General Ledger Accountant temporary position for an experienced candidate handling a range of transactional/ statutory accounting duties.
My client is a global pharmaceutical brand with a fantastic reputation and fast expanding culture.
The key responsibilities for this General Ledger accounting temporary role include:
- Works as part of the finance & accounting department with a main focus on managing accounting entries, processing documents (a.o. invoices), payment information (i.e. bank transactions) and recording other financial transactions. Keep documentation of all transactions.
- Support the execution of the monthly financial close process.
- Execute and support creation of journal entries and account reconciliations in relation to general ledger accounting work performed internally and the external accounting service provider.
- Assist third party accounting service providers in the timely execution of accounting operations including areas mainly around accounts payable, bank, VAT and expense reimbursement.
- Support the quality and timeliness of internal control requirements associated with general ledger reporting.
- Support the team in working with external advisors in the preparation of statutory financial statements and supporting notes as well as the preparation of corporate tax computations, returns, and ad hoc tax requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be immediately available or on a one week notice, have strong experience in General Ledger/ Financial Accounting, and will be ready to take on an ongoing temporary role.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for a well established business that is growing exponentially and potentially secure a long term position.