Financial Crimes Investigations Consultant
The Financial Crimes Investigation Consultant is responsible for completing all aspects of investigation, documentation, and reporting processes with respect to potential financial crime incidents involving Northern Trust accounts, clients, or employees. This role is specific to anti-money laundering (AML) investigations in Northern Trust’s Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”).
- Completes investigations to determine if a financial crime (e.g., money laundering, terrorist financing) has occurred and involves Northern Trust accounts, clients, operations, or employees.
- Supports each investigation with appropriate analysis / testing, and documents investigation activities and conclusions.
- Completes Suspicious Activity Reports within prescribed timeframes according to regulatory guidelines.
- Interacts with partners (e.g., relationship managers, Legal Department, Human Resources) or external parties (e.g., law enforcement, other financial institutions’ investigations staff) in the course of investigations, as appropriate.
- Often handles more complex or sensitive investigations; consults with management as necessary.
- Operates independently; able to serve as a subject matter expert.
- May assist with training for new hires. May serves as a mentor to new and less experienced staff.
- May perform additional responsibilities such as QC (quality control), metrics, SAR e-filing, special projects, etc., as requested by management.
- At least 5-7 years of related work experience; prior work in an FIU role strongly preferred.
- Related Industry certifications or studying towards (e.g., CAMS) is preferred.
- Experience working with Actimize products a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth functional / industry knowledge is required
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of transaction processing systems is preferred
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.