Mumbai, QART - Manager/Senior Manager
Job Title: Manager – Quality Assurance and Review Team (“QART”)
Reporting to: Vice President, Mumbai
Location: Mumbai, India.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”) is a leading provider of third party hedge fund services with offices in New York, London, Dublin, Hong Kong, Glasgow, Bangalore and Mumbai and has over 800 employees globally.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting.
The Accounting – Quality Assurance and Review Team plays a key role in fund accounting oversight within the global MSFS model. This role will focus on carrying out reviews of NAVs that have been completed in other MSFS locations. The successful candidate will be providing valuable input in terms of analytical skills, issue identification and resolution thereof with a view towards enhancing the quality of the NAV being produced.
The successful candidate will also be initiating, participating and leading a number of Accounting related Quality Assurance focused projects and initiatives. These will range from structured projects and initiatives that will be embedded in the monthly workflows to ad hoc initiatives that are likely to be once off or intermittently run.
- Monthly Final Accounting Review of NAVs completed in either the same or other MSFS locations within a defined time delivery schedule.
- Develop effective analytical tools and review procedures to enhance NAV deliveries and perform enhanced reviews and provide innovative solutions
- Spearhead Quality Assurance initiatives and projects within Accounting with a drive towards ensuring consistent high quality work products are delivered, particularly with respect to the transition of new clients onto MSFS’s platforms
- Assist in the development of best practices for Fund Accounting to enable the firm to improve its efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring that the firm is producing quality output
- Provide exception reporting to senior management and functional groups on the adherence of Fund Accounting to group policies and procedures
- Design, implement and enhance policies, procedures and controls based on observations
- Build and manage relationships with senior management and other business owners to champion deliverables
- Integrate with global colleagues to ensure standard operating practice
- Maintain up to date knowledge of GAAP and industry updates and ensure relevant application of the same
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required.
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following attributes:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Fully completed Accounting qualification/certification e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA
- Experience in the Hedge Funds industry is required. Public accounting, Hedge Fund Administration or management experience is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 5-7 years PQE with public accounting experience servicing investment related companies preferred. Ideal candidate should demonstrate extensive experience in auditing and a thorough understanding of industry and accounting practices
- Strong technical skills. US GAAP knowledge required including strong understanding of hedge fund structures. Knowledge of other accounting standards like IFRS would be an advantage
- Proven ability to advise/influence group managers, employees and senior management
- Previous Quality Assurance and/or Risk Management experience in a related field would be an advantage.
Skill and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Broad and deep understanding of accounting and operational issues related to hedge fund administration
- Ability to think strategically with excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to deal effectively across all levels of the firm’s extensive support structure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Dynamic leader and proven team player
- Creative and proactive
- Ability to handle pressure effectively
- Execute sound judgment on escalating risk
- Ability to communicate effectively across cultures
- Good motivator of others
- Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and be involved in ad hoc projects as and when they arise
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.