Financial Control Analyst
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting organization is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting (FAIR) include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
This specific role supports the regional South Africa Equities business consisting of several bespoke process requiring multiple touchpoints with Operations and unique infrastructure. This specific role has direct interaction with various Vice Presidents and Associates as key stakeholders in support of these businesses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, GLRS execution, controls execution (SOX, RCSA, UT, etc.), exception monitoring and resolution, and operating model enhancements. In addition, this individual will be responsible for continuous robust documentation of procedures, cash / operational control resolution, and systemic strategic solutions given the manual nature of this activity.
- Work closely with line of business controllers, middle office, technology, and operations
- Work with the businesses to ensure understanding of monthly profit and loss
- Partner with FAIR teams and various stakeholders across global locations
- Manage the consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month end, including the ability to support month end, quarter end, and year end activities
- Develop and maintain financial reports and schedules
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Support ad-hoc requests for financial information received from across the firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- At least 2-3 years of overall work experience
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related industry
- Basic knowledge of investment banking products, including financial derivatives
- CPA license beneficial in some FAIR roles but not required
- Proficient desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Proficient organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort liaising with business and risk partners while building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence others to deliver solution
- Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.