Indirect Tax Accountant
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and Morgan Stanley employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- A supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe in teamwork
- Contingent/Leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley
- Contract via 3rd party agency
- Provide compliance support/ preparation of tax return for global operations
- Perform various postings to the General Ledger, including irrecoverable VAT/GST expense, and prepare monthly balance sheet and expenses reconciliations
- Support automation of various manual processes and improve data analytics
- Contribute to projects, support tax audits and work closely with key contacts across locations.
- Develop practical knowledge of the Firm’s business and understand how your role fits into it
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related field and min 1 years of experience preferably in the area of VAT/GST compliance and/or advisory
- Sound numeric skills and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with multiple issues and under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Fluency in English (any Asian language would be a plus)
The Indirect Tax group provides Morgan Stanley with global in-house expertise, primarily in VAT/GST and US Non-Income Tax. The team in Budapest currently increases its global footprint and will be a vital part of the global indirect tax coverage.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Throughout your contingent/leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley, you will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are helping to shape the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Please speak to our recruitment team to find out if a flexible working agreement can be supported within this contingent/leased assignment.
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite at Morgan Stanley you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Morgan Stanley’s skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.