Team Lead, Transfer Agency
The Partnership Services team services Transfer Agency clients in the Private Funds space. The Partnership Services team is responsible for processing investor new account openings, subscriptions, redemptions, maintenance activity, investor confirmations, and capital activity reporting to clients. The team is also responsible for quality checking of transactions and maintaining the register of investors in response to investor instructions.
The primary responsibility of this Team Leader role is to actively support and lead a high touch, client specific service team. The Team Leader reports to the Team Manager and assists with workflow distribution and maximizing the effectiveness of the team. This includes organizing the work of the team, assigning tasks, setting short-term priorities, processing to meet deliverables, monitoring all activities and ensuring timely and accurate completion of the work.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee and processing of a wide range of dealing transactions through internal systems, to regulatory and client standards
- Oversight of all team functions including investor payments, cash reconciliation, timely document management process and various client deliverables
- Actively process investor requests to meet high touch client deliverables and expectations, as needed
- Ensures proper completion of subscription forms with reference to requisite qualification requirements.
- Process capital activity and other investor/client specific requests.
- Ability to effectively manage a team towards accurate and timely completion of deliverables
- Assist team with investigating and resolving inquiries and exceptions; serve as a subject matter expert for the team
- Effective communication with the client, CSM, various internal departments, and others as required
- Responsible for work flow distribution and the effective use of resources within the team
- Provide on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives
- Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis
- Assist the Team Manager in establishing and meeting goals and objectives for the team
- Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures
- Conducts performance management and career development discussions and processes
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines in extremely time sensitive conditions
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Excel
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.