Compliance Officer Central Compliance Unit #170567
This role will focus on the execution and development of the Financial Crime Compliance Program across Credit Suisse Private Banking division especially around the area of new client approvals and ensure that the Program meets internal and applicable local legal or regulatory requirements and standards. The individual would be within a wider Compliance team and may be required to provide regional support to the various country MLROs in ensuring that Global and Regional FCC standards are appropriately implemented and executed
- Provide Compliance approvals across all risk levels for all account opening cases which include but is not limited to Source of Wealth, Source of Funds, KYC Identification, AML, KYC, FATCA, CRS, etc.
- Ensure all high risk issues have been appropriately been identified, escalated and relevant approvals have been acquired – PEP, Tax Compliance, Sanctions, Reputational Risk, etc.
- Seek to ensure all accounts approved satisfy the required standards in relation to Financial Crime Compliance and other regulatory requirements
Business Engagement and Advisory
- Provide advisory support for the onboarding of high risk or complex clients to ensure full compliance with procedures, policies and regulations
- Provide Compliance advice to the Hong Kong PB Business and supporting functions on client onboarding matters pertaining to new rules, regulations and initiatives. This includes advising on the relevant impact assessments and implementation
- Support the design, development and implementation of Global and APAC projects by providing specialist support and Compliance advice
- Drive and implement APAC Compliance Operations projects and deliverables per instruction from Compliance Operations management team.
Your future colleagues
You will join the APAC Compliance Operations Function, a cohesive and dynamic team of individuals with varied qualifications and background. While you are expected to independently manage new account approvals and other projects, the team provides the back-end support structure and environment for engagement and consultation. Open and honest communications are encouraged to holistically advance the team’s mandate in a collaborative and dynamic environment
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
You are expected to possess the below skills:
- Degree in Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Banking / Finance and related academic qualification. Post-graduate qualifications in AML Compliance preferable
- At least 5 to 6 years of relevant AML/KYC compliance experience within Wealth Management / Private Banking
- Proficient in AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal, people management skills and can thrive under pressure
- Experience in dealing with regulators and auditors preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite especially Excel
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.