FID Counterparty Risk
Job Title: Developer, Counter Party Risk
Job Level: Non-Officer
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The candidate will work closely with the rest of the team but is expected to be comfortable to lead tasks independently, including the following:
- Design, Develop and Maintain enterprise software applications that provide the counterparty risk desk with necessary tooling to assess client risk in the FID (Fixed Income Derivative) space
- Work closely with the Global Counterparty Risk technology Squad to collaborate and deliver software applications
- Interface with the Counterparty risk global team to gather requirements, propose tactical as well as strategic solutions and deliver independently.
- Build, maintain and enhance Adhoc risk reports for daily risk assessment and analysis.
- Adhoc risk analysis in response to market events, or in response to client related developments
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in developing enterprise level applications in Java (Core and Multithreading)
- Working knowledge or intermediate skills in python scripting – pandas/scikit-learn
- Working experience in RDBMS (DB2) as well no-SQL databases and distributed caches
- Experience in front end technologies - AngularJS is a plus
- Willing and eager to learn and work with different teams and divisions of the Firm
- Financial knowledge in Fixed Income & Derivatives is preferred but not mandatory
- Strong worth ethics and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to work collaboratively on group projects and independently on individual assignments;
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.