Senior Consultant | Insurance Consulting
We are in a strong position to build on our existing client base, which varies by market sector and by size. These projects are demanding an increased level of classic consulting skills - more intensive client interaction.
The team will be strengthened by experienced candidates who bring with them or are willing to rapidly develop consulting skills and expertise in the effective business application of the software.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist in the technical delivery and reporting for projects, taking ownership of at least one major workstream;
- Assist in the dialogue with client contacts and help to manage expectations of delivery, content, timescales, and cost;
- Present or assist senior management in presenting to clients at senior executive and board levels;
- Contribute to projects as a topic/subject matter specialist (where appropriate);
- Play your part in the development of the intellectual property to support sales-oriented client interaction;
- Assist in responding to client proposals;
- Develop people through effective coaching and mentoring more junior staff; and
- Play a role in team administration tasks - such as feedback, counseling, finance, recruitment, learning, etc.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- At least three years of experience in the life or general insurance sector gained from working either in an insurer or at a consultancy firm;
- Proven math and analytical skills, as commonly acquired through the pursuit of a bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or related field;
- IFRS 17 knowledge will be considered an added advantage,
- A committed approach to continuous professional development is required.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you will be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you are ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.