Beacon Resources seeks a Staff Accountant to join a non–profit organization with different entities for a Downtown Los Angeles organization.
Job – For this non–profit organization, you will perform day–to–day accounting tasks, budgets, and audits. You will also do some financial acquisition analysis of new properties. This Staff Accountant will report to an Assistant Controller.
Culture/Environment – You will join an organization with a clearly defined mission to shape the hearts and minds of our youth.
Compensation – Salary range starts at $55,000/year and increases DOE. Some benefits a two–week holiday period over Christmas, a week off over Spring, and the usual medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Input journal entries into the General Ledger (G/L) system
- Close the books on a month–end, quarter–end, and year–end basis
- Handle all inventory, purchasing issues, production, sales, expenses, and liabilities
- Reconcile all accounts on the balance sheet
- Perform all Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) duties for all entities
- Determine classification of all revenues and expenses related to grant funding
- Prepare journal entries to properly classify according to grant requirements (for example, setting up the grant as deferred income)
Tax and Compliance
- Support the Compliance Department in responding to all grant inquiries
- Help out in all business and property tax matters
- Assist in all internal and external controls issues
- Work with external and internal auditors
- Accept any other projects as assigned by the CFO
STAFF ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus or equivalent–level of work experience
- At least two (2) years of General Ledger accounting experience (month–end closes, journal entries, reconciliations, financial reporting)
- Must pass credit and criminal background checks
- Grant accounting experience
- Non–profit experience
STAFF ACCOUNTANT SKILLS
- Expert–Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v–lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Superior organizational skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi–task and switch among disparate projects
STAFF ACCOUNTANT SKILLS
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.