Senior Professional SOx and FR&C Projects
Why apply for this role?
You'll support Finance, Risk and Control (FR&C) and the Chief Finance Office (CFO) to ensure processes are properly controlled and compliant. You'll be responsible for receiving all documentation produced by initiative proposers and sharing with CFO key stakeholder groups, being the key communication point between the Product Office team and CFO.
You'll support 'People & Development' responsibilities for CFO. You'll use your poetic licence when overseeing production of the division's newsletter and manage key communication forums. You'll support the control framework for technology and systems related product changes and help oversee the improvement of the control environment through the bank, focussing on full data audit trails.
What you'll be doing
- Coordinating the new product process (PIAP) across CFO communicating the impact analysis from CFO colleagues to the 'Product Office' ensuring all stakeholder groups are kept up to date with developments.
- Maintaining SharePoint proposal documentation and keeping records of responses and communications.
- Supporting the CFO People & Development activities e.g. Town Halls, SharePoint, Graduate related processes.
- Supporting the SOx team with ad-hoc tasks, sending out comms to control owners, updating progress during key campaigns and providing SOx control framework support on bank wide projects.
- Working collaboratively across the division and with key stakeholders.
What we're looking for
- Excellent process & data management and improvement skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills, including SharePoint.
- Good communication skills and ability to manage internal & external stakeholders / collaborate well with other teams.
- Part qualified accountant or a grounding in the identification / mitigation of risk and controls.
- Audit (Internal or External) experience is desirable.
- Financial reporting experience / experience in a large Finance department and automation experience desirable.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.