Trade Finance Manager
What is the role:
Act as primary contact within the Global T&S Credit organization for executing all credit mitigation strategies (Letter of Credit, insurance, silent bank cover and bank guarantees) whereby credit risk passes from Shell T&S entities to third parties (generally financial institutions) where these are based in Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- Act as the initial and day-to-day interface within the Global T&S Credit organization with commercial, financial and legal stakeholders with respect to the execution of the above credit mitigation strategies for all STn counterparties covered by the London Credit team.
- Liaise directly with banks, insurance companies and other external institutions in order to secure the appropriate credit security at the most competitive price, working closely together with the relevant Commercial Credit Manager for that counterparty, as well as with the T&S Treasury Manager to ensure Shell's overall bank relationships are managed consistently.
- Manage day to day banks relationship, including facility documentation and lead meetings with key bankers and senior crude and product business leaders on a regular basis.
- Contribute to global management information for securities.
- Ensure all commercial activities entered into by the above portfolio of STn entities remain in compliance with the approved global Shell T&S Credit Policy.
- Ensure all credit mitigation measures are correctly reflected in the credit management systems
- Act as credit interface to KYC and trade controls team for new bank relationships and sanctions queries include reverse bank KYC requests.
- Process excellence focal and lead change across the global team including trade finance governance (MOA, procedures and credit manual).
The T&S Risk Management organization interfaces with commercial stakeholders in T&S, the RRM team, Trading FMs, DS Credit and FO.
What are we looking for:
- Good business degree with 8-10 years of experience of strong understanding in bank trade finance operations as well as bank trade instruments.
- Strong knowledge to explain and justify our position with respect to trade finance conventions, regulations, rules and contractual frameworks and propagate this knowledge as well.
- A good understanding of UCP600 and ISP 98 as application of these rules are needed for day to day operations.
- Excellent communication and stakeholders especially with the banks with the ability to speak up and challenge
- Strong understanding of the commodity segments which he/she supports so as to mitigate documentary risks of the instruments that are tendered as security for the trades.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.