- Manage the delivery of client tax services ensuring they are delivered on time and within the appropriate quality standards
- Manage and share tax knowledge with appropriate business groups (including tax training).
- Assist business groups on local tax compliance requirements.
- Liaise with industry groups/tax advisors/product tax team on current tax issues.
- Work with business processes groups on identifying systems enhancements required for tax services.
- Monitor, research and maintain knowledge of European tax laws
- Work with senior management on identifying and reducing tax risks associated with servicing investment funds.
- Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Work with senior management on strategic projects/new client take-ons.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal business groups on ad-hoc tax queries.
- Collaborate with colleagues globally as appropriate to service your clients or projects.
- Collaborate with staff in Ireland and the outsourced service provider to drive success of the Group.
- Communicate with your manager/management team on status of assignments/projects
- Provide to and seek from your manager/management team feedback.
- Attract, develop, engage and retain employees using available resources.
- Act as an effective team player & deputize for immediate supervisor when appropriate
- Positively influencing team morale in order to achieve set standards and goals
- Lead, direct and manage the group in collaboration with your manager/s and senior colleagues.
- Ensure appropriate skills training is in place and team members complete the necessary skills training requirements.
- Create an environment that is flexible/adaptable/able to change. Initiate and successfully implement department performance targets and objectives, both operational and project based.
- Ensure you and your team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
Knowledge & Experience
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Sound knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Excel
- Typically candidate will have 3/5 or more years in tax experience
- Ability to develop relationships at all management levels both internally and externally with our clients
- Strong problem resolution and analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail, concern for quality and time management skills
- Self-sufficient and motivated
- Strong client service focus
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Ability to work proactively both on own initiative and as part of a team
- The candidate must be able to take ownership of initiatives or projects and be able to influence others in working groups,
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required.
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.