Senior Manager, Controlling
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Regional Controlling, Sub-Regional Controlling & Country Controlling:
- Lead the team of Regional, Sub-Regional & Country Controller
- Secure Senior management understanding of business performance by achieving a high level of transparency of cost development & explanation of business reasons behind financial results
- Ensure regular high-quality reporting to Senior Management
- Act as a business partner (controller) driving for cost excellence
- Design and maintain cost KPIs to ensure effective cost management
- Support controlling projects
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present complex data in a consumable way
- Act as operational leader to support and coach the team on day to day business
- Drive for continuous improvement of controlling processes
- Develops and coaches the team by giving regular feedback and performs performance reviews
- Support and back up Head of Service Delivery Unit
Functional Tasks (Inclusive but not limited):
- Secure Senior Management (e.g. Managing Directors, Vice Presidents) understanding of business performance
- Support ad-hoc requests for Senior Management on Key Business KPI’s
- Provide frequently supplement reports to senior management for better business steering
- Work closely with BU Controller on ongoing topics
- Release Regional Standard Report to Top Management according to schedule and ensure a high level of quality on comments and accurate figures
- Coordinate, collect and interpret information from various sources for the RSR Report e.g. Forecast, BU comments, etc.
- Support ad-hoc requests for Senior Management on town hall meetings, customer visits, Asia management team meetings and more
- Develop and frequently provide supplement reports to senior management for better business steering e.g. Plant Profitability, Daily Sales, Fact Sheets, Margin Analysis
Analysis & Benchmark
- Achieve high level on transparency beyond financial numbers by performing deep dive case study in various business area
- Search for business opportunities to add value to BASF
- Challenge status quo and advise senior management on improvement opportunities
- Preparation of financial/management reporting and analysis
- Functional controller for respective country organization
- Act as Business partner and advise Senior Management. Participate in decisions making & support of major projects.
- Develop and manage budgeting & forecasting, and safeguard cost development in line with budget for respective country organization
- Establish and ensure appropriate cost charging model and ongoing execution
- Review and timely update of cost allocation drivers
- Support the design and implementation of an effective charging mechanism to ensure recovery of costs.
- Liaise and work closely with internal and external auditors, tax advisors and relevant authorities in order to understand and ensure F&A policies/procedures/practices fully meet the relevant requirements
- Proactive risks tracking and ad-hoc analysis into various business area to identify improvement and business opportunities that adding value to BASF
- Ensure all documentations and processes are updated and compliant
- Enforce compliance to BASF guidelines and policies, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local regulation and statutory requirements
- Responsible for team coordination to the fulfilment of the assigned tasks. Ensure effective substitution and – in case of need / where applicable – back up the team in service delivery.
- Facilitates fast and solid onboarding of new employees. Provides information based on available knowledge documentations
- Coach & develop the team to meet defined service standards thereby achieving the expected delivery service quality
- Provide feedback and reinforcement to team members regarding development needs and opportunities, when necessary
- To drive team motivation and morale
- To ensure proper and consumable documentation of knowledge
- To ensure effective knowledge transfer & sharing as for a sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- To contribute and support team strategic plan and objectives
- University degree or similar in Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Economics or Business Administration; and/or
- Chartered or Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Finance and/or Controlling and/or Management Accounting
- Experience in reputed multinational corporations will be an advantage
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Experience working with SAP BW applications, MS Office & SAP FI/CO is preferred
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning, reporting processes, IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), Controlling methods
- Proficiency in English and other languages required with good communication and interpersonal skill are important to develop and establish business partnering
- Excellence analytical skill and problem-solving thinking
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.