Derivatives Operations Specialist, Associate 2
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
A Derivative Operations Specialist, Associate 2 is responsible for accurately posting domestic and foreign derivatives, including (but not limited to) swap, Future, Options and collateral transactions to our Custody and Accounting systems. This individual resolves data quality issues through interaction with accounting and client service groups in North America and Europe. The individual acts as a first level resource within assigned business unit to process transactions in accordance to established procedures. This individual performs various daily tasks within the business unit as necessary to support processing routines. Assists with other related duties as required. Reviews work for accuracy and serves as a resource.
In the role of Derivative Operations Specialist you will be responsible for:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use the OTC HUB application to process derivative transactions to include: trade posting, dividend accrual and payments, corporate action processing, security pricing, and derivative ledger processing
- Reconcile transactions, both cash related and position related, to Prime Broker and client on a daily basis, promptly escalating and researching any discrepant items
- Conceptual application of complex investment strategies including, but not limited to; CFD, Credit Default Swap, Interest Rate Swap, Basket Swap, Total Return Swap, and Options with the ability to support Associate 1 individuals in their learning efforts in this area
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services/COEs, India and Client Operations to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies
- Supports individual and team efforts with regard to research and resolution process for exceptions and inquiries, creating Prime Broker relationships and liaising as necessary to seek assistance in exception resolution
- Support Client Operations in providing COE related information needed to prepare financial statements and reports for client, shareholder, director and management reports, in an accurate and timely manner
- Supports Client Operations and Joint Venture team in providing appropriate information for preparation and research of proofs as needed
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise
- Develop an understanding of Corporate Action types, processing requirements, processing timelines, how those actions may affect fund asset values, and be able to practically apply this knowledge to processing environment
- Ability to effectively review work processes completed by Associate 1
- Maintains records in support of audits
- During normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- May perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework or B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel)
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a deadline oriented team
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.